The Importance of Scheduling a Heating Tune-Up
This is the best time of year to schedule a heating system tune-up. Why? Once temperatures drop and heaters get used more frequently, problems reveal themselves, and many people will be scheduling appointments. This means homeowners could have less flexibility when securing service, and waiting too long to make an appointment could put the heater at risk of serious issues. Plus, it’s downright frustrating.
Here, homeowners can learn everything they need to know about heater maintenance and what it entails. For more information about a specific problem, they should consult a professional in their area.
The Many Benefits of Maintenance
By having a professional maintain the heater and inspect the heating system routinely, homeowners can enjoy benefits like:
- Longer-lasting heater: Regular heating maintenance can lead to a longer lifespan for the heater, allowing homeowners to go longer without needing heater replacement.
- Saving money: An inefficient heater will cost more to operate than an energy-efficient one and routine maintenance improves the heating system’s efficiency and prevents issues that can cause inefficiency and higher utility bills. Additionally, preventing problems through maintenance reduces how much homeowners will have to spend on future repairs.
- Safety: Gas and oil-burning furnaces produce carbon monoxide, which is a dangerous, invisible gas. Properly maintaining the furnace helps prevent issues that can cause a carbon monoxide leak and carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Increased comfort: The last thing Texans want to deal with is a cold winter. Ensuring the heater works as expected with maintenance before it gets cold leads to spending the season resting comfortably indoors, toasty and relaxed.
What Does a Technician Do During Maintenance?
During a heating maintenance visit, an HVAC technician can perform essential tasks, such as:
- Test the system controls and thermostat
- Check the gas (or oil) connections, gas pressure, burner, and heat exchanger
- Check and tighten electrical connections
- Lubricate moving parts
- Replace air filters and show homeowners how to replace them since they typically need replacing at least every three months.
Wait–Isn’t It Too Soon to Worry About Heating Maintenance?
Time is truly of the essence when it comes to heating maintenance. That’s because after sitting unused during the warmer months, they can experience issues when used again consistently. Heating maintenance before the heater is needed is ideal, as homeowners can be sure that their heater is ready for the upcoming seasons.
Additionally, with maintenance early in the fall, the heater will operate efficiently from the start, and homeowners won’t have to waste money on inefficiency. As noted, homeowners will also have more flexibility when scheduling appointments with HVAC contractors by scheduling maintenance in the fall and not during their busiest times of the year.
About Hall Heating and Air
Hall Heating and Air has more than 40 years of experience serving Pampa and the surrounding areas. They offer straightforward pricing, the latest technologies, and on-time service. Call them today for heating maintenance in Pampa, TX.